"The sport of disembodied flight among the stars must surely be the most exhilarating of all athletic exercises.
It was not without danger; but its danger, as we soon discovered, was psychological, not physical.
In our bodiless state, collision with celestial objects mattered little.
Sometimes, in the early stages of our adventure, we plunged by accident headlong into a star.
Its interior would, of course, be inconceivably hot, but we experienced merely brilliance.”
- ‘Star Maker’ by William Olaf Stapledon
(British philosopher and author of several influential works of science fiction),
[Image from ‘The Incal’. Drawn by Moebius]
- awesomesplendor reblogged this from thelimpingdoctor
- awesomesplendor likes this
- letsraiseanother likes this
- thelimpingdoctor reblogged this from mirror-of-enigmas
- cumbricperennials likes this
- yesterdayiwillbestardust likes this
- fallfromthreefeet likes this
- starlightriver reblogged this from mirror-of-enigmas
- starlightriver likes this
- utenacar reblogged this from mirror-of-enigmas
- utenacar likes this
- derragant likes this
- streetpiracy likes this
- space-loner reblogged this from mirror-of-enigmas
- reactingimagination likes this
- his-dark-side likes this
- bilancini likes this
- mirror-of-enigmas posted this